Thursday, January 21, 2010

Three months out :)

So today I'm three months out and I have to say that things are now really smooth sailing! This month I made a list as I thought of how far I've come so I have something to write about. :)

I'm really excited where I am with the journey, not so much from a weight loss perspective, but just in how I feel over all. I no longer have that "truck ran me over" exhaustion feeling, I am no longer sore or swollen (I stayed swollen for probably 8 weeks in my abdomen area). My energy level is really picked up but I find that if I don't get in proper amounts of protein I get tired really easily. I am not up to the 90 grams. I average about 50 or so, which I know isn't great but I'm working on it. I've also started slowly adding back in the gym to tone things up as I lose and it's waaay easier to exercise at 226 then it was when I was in the 280s!!

So some things that I've noticed...

My burper is no longer broken. After surgery I always felt like I couldn't burp and air was just trapped in there. I imagine it was because things were so swollen but I finally feel like I can burp again and it's a relief!

The dark patches of skin I had under my arms and around my neck and waist are fading rapidly. It just kinda has rolled up and fallen off. LOL not complaining! I just wish my boobs wouldn't have followed suit. *sigh*

My hair appears to be intact so far. I noticed some increased shedding this week and I imagine my non-stellar protein amounts have something to do with it. I've had major surgery several times and haven't ever lost hair so I think it's the protein thing.

I've been doing ok on my supplements. I ran out of my ADEKs (which I know are not the grown up vitamins I should be taking any way) for about a week but I'm back on track with them now. I go for my labs soon and I'll make some decisions about how to proceed then. I take two multi's a day, and then two doses of two pills of the sam's calcium. I had to stop taking the calcium for two days though, because it either caused or exacerbated some constipation issues I was having. Holy hell, what I wouldn't have given for a nice soft poo a couple of weeks ago! I have upped my fluids and started taking a stool softener at night. Things seem to be easing up some but man, it was rough going for a couple of days there. I was seriously looking in to whether or not they did anus transplants. LOL

I went through a stage around 10 weeks where I decided I was going to over eat. It was so frustrating! I'd want to eat more, but I just couldn't. So then I'd end up regurgitating the last bite I took for a while and be miserable. It took me about a week or so to get it back in to my big fat head that I couldn't eat like a preop! It was good practice, though, in that I've really got it down to when I'm starting to get full and stop eating. I also now have days where my pouch feels like the size of a thimble, and other days it's normal. I haven't puked ever, even though a couple of times I may have felt better if I did.

Weight-wise, I'm down 52 lbs. According to the labrat people, that's 46% of my excess weight gone. My surgeon has a goal weight of 165 set for me. I'm not sure if I'll get there or not but I have hope that since I've lost this much so far that I'll continue to lose over the next 6 months or so. Or I could be really lucky and blow by the 165 and end up at 145, which is my own personal secret stretch goal weight (and probably wishful thinking).

Size-wise, I started at a tight 22/24. I was probably a 26 on the bottom but was squeezing in to a 24 lol. I just bought my first pair of jeans not from a plus size section. I was able to fit in to 18's from Old Navy. WHOO HOOO!!! That was a big wow for me. I haven't bought any new clothes except for those jeans and two tshirts from there as well. I'm going to have to do something about the clothing situation soon, though, because I'm starting to swim in my clothes and it looks kind of ridiculous. I didn't mind them being loose, but this week they were so loose I was actually walking on them because they were so long. I'm starting to notice bones where I couldn't feel them before, like where my rib cage starts, or my hip bones. I can also see shadows of where my collar bones live but they haven't come to play yet.

That's me in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy when you actually take the time to look at all you've accomplished, huh? I think we tend to forget we get so wrapped up in the day to day. Great job and congrats on having a smooth time of it! That's awesome! ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete