Monday, November 2, 2009

Tired of feeling like poo

I've decided I'm tired of feeling like poo. I knew that it would take a while to feel better post op - like I wouldn't feel better in a week, but it's been almost two and I'm tired of feeling like poo. Yesterday and today were the worst since I've been home. I started my period yesterday and you just shouldn't be allowed to start that until you're like 3 months out. I'm almost wishing it had happened in the hospital because at least I'd have been on pain meds.

Today my shoulder blade started hurting. Which I've read that if your shoulder hurts it can be a sign of a leak. So that got my nerves up. I took a xanax for it, and it did help, but all day long I didn't feel right. I ended up calling the doctors office in the early afternoon and they took all my symptoms and then called back in the afternoon to be sure I was ok. They basically said that it sounded like my recovered was exacerbated by my period and all the bloating and to call back if I had any escalated pain or symptoms.

Tonight was better. I went to GameStop for the boy's birthday present exchange (he didn't like the first thing we got him so we exchanged it) and then went home. I had guacamole for dinner, but it didn't sit well. I have taken some anti-nausea pills. I haven't had to take either those or xanax since last Wednesday so I was kinda bummed about that. Feel like I'm sliding backwards. I hope I turn the proverbial corner I keep reading about soon.

1 comment:

  1. wow what is going on with you is almost identical to what ive been going through. the 16th of nov. was my third week out of surgery. so we are real close with the time we had it done. the first 2 weeks i lost 28 lbs. and the third i havent lost a lb. i cant tell that ive lost anything either. a lot of things that you've said in this was so like what i was going through its not even funny. i also ended up in the er and came out with xanax. how weird. anyways my name is amanda and id like to hear from you. its nice to know that someone else has been through the same thing as me and knows what im talking about. hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete