Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Three Weeks Out Today

So today I'm three weeks out. I started soft foods yesterday (a day early) and things have gone down pretty well so far. I ate too fast this afternoon and have learned what that feels like so won't be doing that again. I do get hungry, but it's not like it was preop. I just kinda get a sucking empty feeling but my stomach doesn't gurgle.

The pain in my right side is pretty much gone but still flares up if I try to do too much (like tonight I tried to fold laundry and it came back with a vengeance). I'm worried about going back to work as I'm worried it's not healed as much as it should be. The doctor said it's muscle related - that things are probably healing in a certain way and when I move, it's pulling where it's trying to scar over. It's not like I have to do heavy lifting at work but at the same time, I need to be able to sit at a desk for 8 hours and pain wise I'm not there yet. I'm not sure what to do about that. I'm going to follow up with my doctor to see what he advises.

I tried pasta for the first time last night and I didn't have gas so I'm not sure if I didn't eat enough to do anything (maybe a tablespoon of macaroni and cheese) or if carbs aren't going to give me gas. But then I tried spinach and artichoke dip tonight and it didn't sit well so I guess it's still a lot of trial and error with what will work.

I have been having a lot anxiety issues since my trip tot he ER last week. I went in and saw a therapist today to go over everything and he was really helpful in giving me some tools to help me through when I'm feeling anxious. I came home from the hospital with some xanax, which has saved my sanity a couple of times but I don't want to be on it long term and I'm happy I took the step today to talk to someone. It really eased my mind that I wasn't batshit crazy, and he gave me some perspective.

Gas hasn't been an issue at all, BM's have been formed and regular. I go mostly in the morning, which is super annoying to me. I'm just not in the frame of mind to do that so early in the morning. LOL No nausea to speak of except after trying some baby food. I took a nap just after I ate it and had a dream I threw up. I woke up and there was the nausea! LOL

I've lost a grand total of 25 lbs so far. My doctor's goal for me is 165. If I'm doing the math right, that's just at about 20% of what they want me to lose. I can't tell the difference at all yet. People are saying my face is thinner, and in my two week update I mentioned that my bewbies are shrinking quickly but all my clothes still fit (though some are getting loose).

That's it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment