Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Red Bracelet Reminder

I went Friday to my pre-op appointments. They said that they needed to take some blood and they could either take it today or I could come back next week. Well, surgery is on Wednesday and Monday and Tuesday are going to be crazy doing last minute things so I told them to do it. They said that I had to wear a bracelet until surgery and if I took it off, they'd have to draw the blood and test it all over again.

So I've been wearing the red bracelet since Friday afternoon. My husband said I look like an escaped mental patient. LOL It is huge and unattractive. I tried to wear long sleeves and colors to blend with the red but haven't had much luck.

The purpose it has served so far has been a constant reminder of what is to come. I'm really good at pushing things I don't want to think about out of my mind but with the bracelet, it's a constant reminder and is very in my face. I think it's been both good and bad. Good in the sense that it is making process what's going on, bad in the fact that my anxiety is through the roof because it's constantly getting in the way.

T-3 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment