Monday, March 22, 2010

Five Months Out

Ok...so I missed my four month update, both written and pictures. LOL It just kinda blew by and I didn't acknowledge it for some reason. I'm not going to let this one blow by because I want to document my progress so I can see how far I've come.

I've had a pretty easy road to date. Not entirely boring, but I'll take it! My D is low, so I've added VitaLady's D to my vitamins. And hopefully once it becomes spring around here being in the sun will help as well. My biggest issue is probably hemorrhoids of the internal variety. I have to be super conscious of my water intake as that seems to be what flares them up the most. Not fun! When it happens, even my soft ds poops feel like glass. *sigh* but that's the worst of it!

I'm not a carb watcher, and although I may hate myself for it in the long run, I really don't monitor them. I've never been a huge sweet eater, so most of my carbs come with protein (except for the sweet tea I have to have a couple times a week). The worst food possible for me gas-wise is Chipotle. Holy hell their burrito in a bowl about killed me and my family the other night. They are off the list on a permanent basis! Other than that, I really haven't met a food I can't handle.

And like everyone else, my hair fell out in clumps starting last month. Sweet Jesus, I thought I was going to be bald at the rate it came out. It's still falling out but not as noticeable as it was so hopefully it's stopping. And of course while the hair on my head is falling out, every other hair on my body is growing just fine. *sigh*

Weight and size-wise...I started my journey at 299 - I'm sure I was over that but the scale only went up that far. I dieted down to 280, which is where I was the day of surgery. I'm currently at 209, and according to the math, I've lost 61% of my excess weight. I was a tight 24 and some 26s on the bottom, 22/24 on the top and a 44C. I'm now a 16 petite (in regular sizes!) on the bottom, and an XL on the top and a 38C, although the girls have shrunk like you would not believe. I have tried bra shopping at many a bra shopping place and no bras fit me like Lane Bryant. I will be sooo sad when I can no longer fit their bras.

In fact, I really adore and miss the ease of shopping at only one store. I never in a million years thought I'd say that as shopping at regular size stores has been on my goal list since the first weight watchers go-round a million years ago, but it was comforting to know what size to get and be comfortable in my own skin there. Shopping in regular size stores is...overwhelming. So many different size variations, and fits and cuts and I feel totally self conscious like they are staring at me wondering what the fat girl is doing in the skinny girl section. I'm just at a really awkward stage right now.

I also tried alcohol for the first time recently. I did not find that it affected me any differently than it did before - I got drunk at the same rate, and didn't sober up quickly the way I'd read about so I probably drank more than I probably should have thinking I'd sober up quickly. LOL It was fun though, and definitely won't be a routine thing, especially this early out, but it was fun to sit in the sun and enjoy a margarita.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Another DS blog! Hallelujah! Oh gosh, girlfriend - every bit of this - totally taking me back. Been there, so done that! It's amazing how HUGE it all seems when you're a baby post-op - but before long you find yourself at your 4, 5, 6, and 7 year post-op anniversaries. Total gold star for you for recording your thoughts as you go through the journey. You're giving so much back to the DS community by doing so. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are living the same life....lol....as far as our weight and sizes go..although I am only 6 weeks post op so far. Hope I follow in your footsteps, sounds like you are losing at a healthy rate. Thanks for the info!!!!

    ReplyDelete